The first part of our types of video is all about Demonstration Videos.
Showing off how your products or services can prove to your prospective clients that you are a legit company that knows what they are doing. By focusing on the benefits and not the features, you can show how your product or service can improve your potential customers lives. It is essential that you have a demonstration video to help prospective customers visualize your product or service. It becomes a piece of marketable content that can help add likes and subscribers as well as drive more traffic to your website.
No one reads the instructions these days so it is better to show how your product works and what it does. This is important because your customers may not know how to use your product completely. By showing everything that the product can do, you are teaching the customer how to use it to its full potential. This leaves less for the customer to have to figure our leading to happier buyers that are using your product the way you intended it. Having a Demonstration Video is almost as important as a website.
- Show how to use your software and key features.
- Show your product off in a real world setting.
- Explain a specific product feature and how to use it to increase effectiveness and safety.
Case Study: IKEA Place
Here you can see how IKEA demonstrates a new feature that they have added to their app. It is a fairly simple video that explains that you can now place virtual furniture in your house using Augmented Reality (AR). This allows the customers to pre-visualize their potential furniture in their own homes.
Let's examine how this video that is not selling anything directly is still making IKEA money:
- By making this video, IKEA is first improving their brand awareness. IKEA is already known for their affordable furniture, but this is solidifying it in your mind.
- This AR technology is still relatively new so users are more likely to use it just to try it out. Who knows, the customer may end up buying furniture that they didn’t even know they needed.
- IKEA also also shows their AR technology that takes out the complicated parts of buying furniture like: sizing, color matching, and feel of the furniture.
- Shipping the furniture directly to the customer could reduce showroom space used and save money turning a higher profit.
- During the current time of COVID they are still able to sell their product where their showrooms may be closed due to government regulations. Allowing them to still succeed while their showrooms may be shut down.
If your business offers a service you can show your potential customers exactly what to expect from your service. For most services, every client is different. It is not a product that can just be made and sold. So showing off some of your best work can be very insightful for you clients.
- A Roofing Company shows their work and how much experience they have in the business.
- A Marketing Company can reveal some of their strategies to how they help their clients grow.
- A Tree Removal Company displays how safe they are and how hiring a professional can greatly reduce the risk of injury or damage that can arise from cutting large trees.
Case Study: Baker Roofing
This company specializes in roofs. By watching this video you are getting a glimpse of how the company works before entrusting them to make your new roof. This video sets them apart from other similar companies. Everyone has heard a horrible story about a roofing company. Even Myself! After a new roof was put on my house the company I hired, I found out that a nail punctured the AC and destroyed the whole system. So my roof ended up costing me double what it should have! This video helps me visualize the work they do and make even me feel more confident in the service that they provide.
Let's take a look at how Baker Roofing’s videos demonstrate their service without a hard sell:
- Brand Awareness is always a huge part of any video. Every video helps expose more people to your brand even if they don’t use your service. A viewer may recommend this roofing service to a friend that needs a roof because it is the first brand that comes to their mind. Why do you think Coke spends so much on advertising when they already have a majority market share? It is so that you are always thinking about it in the back of your mind. When you go to the store and are looking for soda what are you going to grab? There is a pretty good chance that it is a Coke!
- They are SHOWING their services so you can see their quality work. Notice how the houses that are shown are nice and large? That is on purpose! Curb appeal is real. They focus on quality homes and provide quality roofs to protect that home from the elements.
- All the workers on the project are wearing orange vests and are tethered into ropes. This is a display of how safe their company is. Most roofing jobs that I have witnessed have a lot of grungy workers in t-shirts and no helmets. This is separating their company from their competition.
Demonstration videos are a good way to show your audience what you do instead of telling them. Visualizations help sell your product as prospective customers can actually get a grasp of what you do. Video also helps with brand awareness. Think about how many different products or services that you are aware of that you don’t know just because you saw a commercial on TV or and ad on Facebook. If you are looking to create a demonstration video for your business please Contact Us today to find out how we can help!